New Ride Clinic > Key Bike Handling Skills and Techniques
Dates: Most Saturdays - Text, email, or call to sign up!
Time: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm, Dates, times, and locations are flexible for groups of 2 to 5.
North of the Richland Community Center (RCC). In the parking lot at the north end of Howard Amon Park (900 Amon Park Drive,Richland, WA 99352)
What you'll learn...
- Quick and easy pre-ride check.
- Effectively and safely avoid common obstacles encountered by cyclists on paths, roads, and bike lanes. Learn how to “steer from the saddle” by leaning the bike in either direction while maintaining control and minimizing the side-to-side movement that could cause you to drift into the path of pedestrians, other bikes, or motor vehicles.
- The principles of vehicular riding, riding etiquette, and how to use these to enhance the enjoyment and safety of riding in the vicinity of other cyclists and motor vehicles.
- Quick stop (how to stop in a hurry without crashing) - Participants will learn how to combine the use of their front and rear brakes with a shift in body weight to execute an rapid and safe stop.
- Communications - Keep other riders informed of hazards and dangerous situations. Learn how to protect your safety by informing those around you.
- How to manage weather and lighting condition.
What to bring: Bike and a properly fitting helmet (must meet the Consumer Products Safety Commission Standard.) A signed LAB Release form (available from the instructor).
Class format: Skills are demonstrated and practiced on a closed flat course.
RoundAbout Cycling provides mobile bike repair services to fulfill a simple mission:
Improve the quality of your cycling experience by guaranteeing that your bike is ready when and where you need it.
RoundAbout Cycling is the only shop that brings bicycle maintenance services to your doorstep in Richland, Kennewick, Pasco and Benton City, Washington – a convenient solution for time-pressured lifestyles.
RoundAbout Cycling services are available when it’s convenient for you. We do ask for 24-hour notice, but express service is available for an additional fee – we all have bike emergencies now and then!
Contact us via phone, email, or text to set up a service appointment. Complete the form on our Contact Us page and we will get back with you as soon as possible.
Mike Watkins founded RoundAbout Cycling. He is an experienced bike mechanic and has a passion for “all things cycling” from riding to safety, education, and youth advocacy. If you have questions, give him a call @ 509-392-1458.
Don’t watch your bike collect dust……we can get you back in the saddle!